Sunday, February 12, 2012

Do ceramic hair straightners strip color the hair?

hi my name is philip I have had my hair dyed a plum purple my hair is curly and I plan on styling my hair with a flat iron I am concerned will a ceramic hair straightner affect the color. I would like an answer from a hair colorist thanks.Do ceramic hair straightners strip color the hair?
it wont change the color. the only thing that it will change is it will help make your color fade faster which is why its best to use a shampoo that helps to keep color from fading and to use a thermal protection spray before you flat iron. it will make the color fade because heat makes your hair cuticle open up, and when the cuticle is open more color is able to escape. you need something to help keep the cuticle closed, and washing and rinsing your hair in cool water will help slow down the fading.Do ceramic hair straightners strip color the hair?
what actually happens is your hair follicles arent being protected...I have black hair and with a week of straightening my hair is all of a sudden brown..its really annoying but its because I dont protect it...at all...sooooo I decided to get some stylist advice and she said ';yes ding bat'; your hair was raped of its color because you arent protecting your hair color or hair for that matter so you NEED to use thermal hair color protection crap...you can get it anywheres ....but best to go to a salon where they got best beauty stuff.





good luck
I am a stylist and I have fashion orange in my hair.It will not affect the color i promise.Now over time it will fade due to shampoo etc.Don't worry.And it wont turn your hair blue.
I've never heard of that before.


Ceramic hair Straighteners are the best for your hair.


ones with metal plates ate like ironing your hair with an iron.
Yes they turn your hair blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment