Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have a hot tools ceramic hair straightner but...........??

I have had it for a year and a half is it still good?? The ends of my hair are pretty burnt and I do use a heat protectant once in a while. it will only make my hair straight if I have it on a high setting like seven (the setting only goes from 1 to 10). any suggestions so my hair won't get as damaged?? and will stay straight?? I have frizzy hair with a little but of curl in some spots. what should I do??I have a hot tools ceramic hair straightner but...........??
I use a straightener every day...but you have to make sure to use one that doesnt ruin your hair. You said that your hair is burnt at the bottom; get a new straightener and get Pantene Pro-V protection spray ($9 at drug stores.) Also if you take my advise and get a new straightener, get the CHI straightener (the one inch works best!)...even though it is expensive ($140USD), it works for about 3 years. Also it doesnt ruin your hair! It makes your hair shiny and B-E-A-U-tiful! Also get new shampoo and conditioner...Pantene Pro-V and Herbal Essence are your best bet! If you want more volume, get the volume kind or Pantene Pro-V or the new Herbal Essence...If you want to get rid of frizz, (i use this) get the Herbal Essence called ';none of your frizziness';. Also for frizz control i use Frizz-ease...THIS REALLY WORKS!!I have a hot tools ceramic hair straightner but...........??
Straiten your hair every 4 hours!!!
I would suggest throwing out your Hot Tools flat iron, getting your ends trimmed, doing a deep conditioning treatment and if you must straighten your hair, splurge on a higher-end flat iron like a Chi. The better the product, the less likely it is to burn your hair.





If it's burning the ends of your hair don't use it anymore, it's damaging it and you can't repair that without cutting it!
I use a Vidal Sasoon straightener that was very inexpensive and works Great. You can get them at any major store. Anyway I used the same one for over a year and it still worked the same. It has a very high setting but I have never burned my hair before. I would suggest using that straightener (it's black on the outside and has wide gold hotplates) the ceramic ones are supposed to be better for your hair but in my experience they aren't at all and they don't work as good. It could be that you have had it for a long time but my straightener hasn't worn out like that. Also I would talk to your local beauty parlor (even a great clips) and ask them about heat protector and getting regular hair trims to help with damaged or split ends. Surprisingly the more often you trim your hair the faster it grows and you can use certain daily products like Thermasilk that is heat activated and/or Garnie Fructice long and strong to help with damage. I like using Garnie but your hair gets sort of immune to any shampoo and conditioner. I got a bottle of shampoo from my local great clips for like $12 and I use it once a week (it lasts forever) it cleans out everything from your hair including your shampoo's effects and then when you use your shampoo and conditioner it feels like you're using it for the first time. This is a pretty lengthy answer. Main Point: switch to the vidal sasoon straightener and keep using products that protect your hair.
don't Iron your hair while its wet for one thing. use a heat protector every time. My hair is really thick and I have to make sure I'm doing little sections at once. condition often. and use a defrizzer like frizzease. You could also use a round brush and hair dryer like they do in the salon but that takes a while
You need a really good deep-conditioner. Also, your straightener won't ';go bad';, my straightener gets to 500degrees, so I'm sure yours is fine. Make sure you're using a good thermal heat protectant (I use CHI and it smells awesome!). Also, make sure you're not leaving the straightener on the ends very long. Straighten most of the hair shaft and lightly cover the ends of the hair to straighten, but don't mess with them too much. It'd be best if you cut the super-dry ends that may very well be damaged. If they're damaged they're going to wreck the rest of your hair, so cut them off and you'll immediately notice a huge difference, even if you want your hair to be long. Your hair will look better without the bad ends and will grow better without the dead ends breaking up the rest of your hair. Good Luck!


P.S.- If you don't think your straightener is good for your hair, get a new one. I personally use a CHI iron, which retails for around $100, which is steep, but it's got a 1yr. guarantee and it's phenomenal, especially since I use it daily on myself and my clients. (I'm a hair stylist) Good Luck!
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment