Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I need a new hair straightener?

I currently have the remington wet2straight, and yes it worked fine, but i want a new professional one. I've had the remington for about 3 years now, and it just doesnt seem to do the job as well as it used to. I heard that aluminum plating is bad, but this one salon uses a GHD and it has ceramic heaters but still has aluminum plating. If aluminum plating isnt good for the hair, why would a salon use it? I just want to know because i did like their straightener and wanted to get it, but wouldnt want to id it was bad for my hair. I have curly hair, and need something that will really make my hair sleek and straight, without damage, or creating frizz. any recommendations??I need a new hair straightener?
Actually, ALL GHD models are ceramic plated- they were actually the first brand to use ceramic plates on flat irons.



GHD's are the best irons, in comparison to CHI, Sedu, FHI and Solia, but they also cost the most. They straighten your hair, but they also flatten/thin it out without damaging. If you're buying a GHD, i'd recommend you buying from Sephora, or Folica. They're expensive, but if you're getting a GHD for 100 or around there, it's most likely fake b/c the fake ones are everywhere now, and they're REALLY good fake ones that are dangerous b/c they don't follow safety regulations:

http://www.folica.com/GHD_Ceramic_Hai_d3/a>



If you're on a lower budget, but still want a professional iron, i like the Solia and the Sedu- The Solia because it offers salon performance at a low price, and heat settings!, and the Sedu, because it works really well with thick hair:

http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1/a>

http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Revolution_d2/a>



before you spend that much money on an iron, i would definately read through the user reviews and pictures on Folica and see people with the same texture hair as yours, and see how it works out. Also, ask your hairstylist to tell you which one he/she prefers, becuase they know best (for the most part!).



Good luck!I need a new hair straightener?
Andis. I know it's not professional, but it's cheap and it works like a charm!

I've had my Andis straightener for about 3 months and it has done wonders for my hair. It has ceramic plates and once I'm done straightening my hair (which doesn't take all that long), my hair is still shiny, smooth and not static-y.

At least look into it before you buy a more expensive straightener...I've heard of people comparing an Andis to a CHI.
I have frizzy curly hair too. CHI works AWESOME! It really makes my hair soft, straight, not frizzy, and it can style! You definitely need one thats ceramic! And I would recommend not using straighteners that are for wet hair. Even if they dry your hair and straighten it, its still using heat on your wet hair and that realllyy damages your hair. I did that years ago and my hair is still very damaged from it.
chi is pretty nice and it does a good job at keeping your hair straight instead of straightening it then a few hours later its wavy.
Amika
have you tried the instyler?
i would get a revlon or CHI straitning iron well i hope you pick a great one
np group or a chi
get an iso or a chi

No comments:

Post a Comment