Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm looking for some new hair straighteners, what brand can you recommend?

I have a pair of the wide GHD straighteners, but have just had my hair cut short so it's a bit awkward to straighten so i'm looking for a thinner pair. I'd buy the thinner GHD's but they're a bit pricey for just a second pair. What brands can you recommend that are slim but also work really well? there must be others out there that are as good as GHD's surely! Thanks guys.I'm looking for some new hair straighteners, what brand can you recommend?
i was (and still am) but my hairstylist told me to go to www.folica.com its a really good website to buy things for your hair the best kind you can buy (she told me this) is the Sedu brand it is ceramic and wont damage you hair like chi,conair, and etc.I'm looking for some new hair straighteners, what brand can you recommend?
babyliss are identical to ghd but there cheaper
Babyliss pro230 straighteners are really good. Well, they work for me anyway!


I wanted GHD's, but like you found them too pricey. So on a few recommendations, I went for Babyliss which were cheaper, and with variable heat control (which GHD's don't have). They are also slim and I think they work just as well as GHD's.
ive tried allsorts from cheap to expensive and though i do love my charles worthington ones i did have a slim pair from tesco which believe it or not worked just as well as more expensive ones.lasted ages for my then, shorter hair and cost under 25 quid!!


dont be swayed by the names or the prices. good products and a little time are all you need to get a good finish


best of luck


xx
babyliss pro 230
chi is a great straightner, i have thinner hair though so if your hair is really thick it might not be that great :)
my sister told me about these straiteners that add this one type of thing to your hair... its actually good for you hair. i recommend looking into that, search it on google or something..
GHDs are the most obvious brand that come to my mind and work really well, but they are quite expensive at around 拢120


however i also have tresemme hair straightners which cost around 拢30 and work almost just as well as the GHDs
i love my GHD (i have long hair)





but what about the skinny GHD to short hair ?
i use ginally milano hair straightener and it works for me really great on my hair. It was kind of expensive($99)
Depends what kind of hair your have naturally! I have very curley hair and find the only thing that will get my hair straight is GHD's, But thats the expensive option. If you already have fine,wavy, or straight'ish hair then I would just recomend just buying some fairly cheap onse, they should do the job.
kodo straighteners are brillint but you can only buy them from certain shops salons and wholesalers everyone likes ghd's but i personaly prefer kodo especially if you have really curly hair (i do) and if it takes ages to do kodo mark 3 's r good as they are bigger to do more hair at a time!


ps i dont work for them lol
I'm sorry but my mind jumped straight to GHD's.





I went through 4 different kinds of hair straighteners in one year alone, all different brands. None of them ever straightened my hair that well and died within months. By the time you add up all the money you've spent on those and then work out how much one pair of GHD's cost and how well they work and how long they last (year and 7 months so far, without even getting slightly cooler, they are still as hot as when I first got them) they are the ones to go for. It may seem pricey now, but when you've gone through 4 pairs at 拢25 you may as well have spent out the 拢100 for ghd's
don't buy Vidal Sassoon ones they break after a month if you use them alot thats what happend to me but yea don't.
I am thinking that if you have used the wide GHD's in the past then you must have quite thick and maybe frizzy/curly hair. I really don't think you will find cheaper straighteners that will do the same job as GHD's do - I have tried loads over the years and always go back to GHD's because they are simply the best. I know they are expensive but if you think about how often you will use them and how long they will last compared to cheaper brands then they aren't too bad really!
Nicky clarke definetly girl make sure you take my advice and bye one, i promise you wont be let down.
I would have said GHD but a thinner pair but as you don't want to buy them i would recomend toni and guy which is extremely good. You could also try remmington. But seriously - toni and guy is worth it and has excellent results!!
i found mine at Walmart for $14 (us money) the brand is called Andis
I like sedu. You can find it at folica.com. Also, Chi's are good but they break easily.
ghd is probably the best brand to buy, but as they are really expensive you could try a Remington!


they are as thin as the middle sized ghd and also get very hot!!


they are used in many hair salons so they are good quality!


they aren't very expensive, last long and come with a guarantee

No comments:

Post a Comment